One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is baking Christmas cookies. It’s something my mother, grandmother and I did when I was a child each Christmas, and just getting out the rolling pin takes me back! My favorite cookies had to be the Santa’s Whiskers, Holiday Snowball Nuggets and Chocolate Chip Cookies, of course! What were some of your favorites?
It’s the thought of Christmas cookies that sparked the ignition for a Cookie Exchange party. If you’ve never been to one, or you’re out of ideas for your holiday party this year, a cookie exchange is a great place to start! The rules of a cookie exchange are fairly simple…
The Perfect Cookie Exchange
1. Ask your guests to bring their favorite homemade cookies to your party (they must be homemade)
2. Ask each guest to bring 2 dozen cookies (all the same kind)
3. Be original and fun – encourage your guests to steer away from the traditional chocolate chip or no-bake cookie and try something different
4. Be sure to have plates ready, or have your guests bring their own plates and keep it festive
5. Have each guest email their recipe ahead of time, and print up recipe cards for each guest’s cookies, which guests can take home
6. Mail out the perfect cookie exchange party invitations
7. Ask your guests to arrive in fun, festive Christmas attire
8. Share one dozen of the cookies with the party group and keep the other dozen packaged – at the end of the party, everyone can take home one dozen of their favorite cookies
9. Make your party extra fun by creating a contest and vote on the group’s favorite cookie – winner gets a holiday prize
Need a bit of Christmas cookie inspiration? Get a little inspiration from the collage below and then GET READY…GET SET & BAKE !!!!!