End of School Year Gifts for Teachers
Your child’s teacher spends about 6-7 hours a day with your child. They prepare them for a successful life, help them and encourage them. End of school year teacher gifts are a small way to say, “thank you” for all they have done for your child.
The end of school year can be busy and you may not have time or money for an extravagant gift. No worries, there are end of year teacher gifts that will show them your appreciation.
What to Give and What to Avoid
When giving a teacher gift, there are a few guidelines to follow as to what to give and what to avoid. The guidelines below are what teachers say themselves about end of school year teacher gifts:
- Gift certificates to a spa. Preferably one that is close to teacher’s house. Some teachers live further away from the school and commute to work. A simple thing such as a pedicure will make their day!
- Gift certificates to a popular book store. Teachers love to read as much as that they encourage your child to!
- Simple gifts for daily use. You can give the teacher plant holders, ceramic baking dishes, or baskets filled with goodies.
- Gift cards to a fun store. You can also give some gift cards to a fun store, like a bath and body works card.
What to Avoid
- Money. It is very tacky to tip a professional person, especially a teacher. Besides, the school district may have rules about them accepting tips.
- Anything “for teacher”. Every teacher has the “teacher” knickknacks on their desk. They tend to get so many that it just creates clutter in the classroom. Things that say “world’s best teacher” tend to repeat themselves from teacher to teacher and classroom to classroom.
- Scented items. Your favorite teacher may have a specific preference for smells and not what you prefer. They also may have allergies.
- Religious items. You never know what your teacher’s beliefs are unless your child goes to a religious based school.
- Edible gifts. Make sure before you give edible gifts, find out if there are any food allergies or if your teacher is on a special diet.